Setting up a Kubernetes cluster on Ubuntu 18.04 is not rocket science. For this installation and configuration of Kubernetes cluster using kubeadm on ubuntu 18.04, you just require master nodes and working nodes as they play a major role in the entire process of installation and configuration. Check out this blog to know the requirements and the steps to perform on master and working nodes.
To begin this process, just login into the AWS console and launch the two instances with 4GB RAM(t2medium).
Follow the below steps on Server One i.e., Master side.
1. Update the repository.
2. Next install Docker on master.
apt-get install docker.io
3. After the docker installation, verify the docker Installation.
4. Install curl.
5. Add repository.
6. Install kubeadm tools.
7. Update the machine again.
8. Install kubelet, kubeadm and kubectl with the help of below command.
9. Set the apt-mark as shown below.
10. Now, update and upgrade the machine.
Just repeat the same set of stepson node side also. After setting the node side, perform the below commands as specified:
Server One (Master):
1. Install the net tools
apt-get install net-tools
2. Install kubeadm init.
3. Execute the below three commands on master.
Server Two (Node):
1. Execute kubeadm join command.
2. Now, check the nodes on the master side.
Thus, the detailed steps along with necessary commands is explained above to end the configuration of a Kubernetes cluster using kubeadm on ubuntu 18.04 in a matter of minutes.